Friday, October 26, 2012

Friday Round-Up, or "What I Learned"


I learned so much from my readers (ie, you) this week. I learned that if you want to compost your biodegradable diapers, you can hire a service like EarthBaby. I learned that some coffee shops are kid-friendly, and parents do hang out there in the wee morning hours (I'll be trying Progressive Grounds this weekend and will give a full report next week).

What else did I learn? That there are some days when your baby just will not sit in his/her car seat, and you will (silently) curse the world, drop whatever you were planning on doing, and just give up and go inside. (If this happens again, I am planning on employing my patented-not-really "cheese strategy," which involves carrying cheese with me at all times to give to my baby as a peace offering. Will let you know how it goes).

Finally, I learned that my good friend has started an excellent blog you should all check out. Dr. Angel's online column is written by a new mom-slash-bonafide-pediatrician (Dr. Angel, duh), and it's brill! (I'm working on my British).

Have a great weekend!

xo,
Rebecca

PHOTO CAPTION: The jogging slog (otherwise known as "slogging") continues. I miss yoga. I am hoping to make it to my favorite hot yoga class soon, but 90 minutes (plus travel time) is hard to spare these days...

No comments:

Post a Comment